Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

problems installing a demo project in Visual Studio 2015 using EpiServer extension.

H F
H F
Vote:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use the episerver extension in VS 2015 to install and play with the epi server demo site.

But I am running into this error:

"could not install package 'episerver.cms.core 11.2.1'. 

'you are trying to install this package into a project that tagets 'netframework, version = v4.5.2', but the package does not contain any aseembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.'"

hmm... 

I got the latest extension installed. I have tried to install it from withing VS and just download and install.. 

Just want to make sure that the extension is functional for Visual Studio 2015.. (i guess it supposed to, as it should check the version of VS before the install, no?)

any help is appreciated.

thank you!

Dec 08, 2017 18:15
Vote:

CMS 11 and above requires. NET 4.6.1 or higher, so just change your target framework to that

Dec 09, 2017 1:02
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.