Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom Content Provider With 60,000+ Images

Vote:

Hi,

I am trying to create the content provider to show the images in asset pane.

I need some advice how to handle the big list of 60,000+ images so editor gets best user experience. I dont want editor to wait long so that they would stop using it altogether.

Do you have any idea to improve the perfomance.

Also for thumbnail do I need to provide the blob or is there any way to assign the thumbnail image url to show thumbnail on asset pane?

Cheers

Ali, Murtaza

Jun 09, 2017 7:32
Vote:

A single list of 60000 images does not sound very user friendly to me. I think I would try to implement a search provider for the content provider, and make the editors search for the images instead of just browsing.

Here's an example on how to make a search provider for a content provider (sorry for the badly formatted code - it looked good in 2014!): http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Per-Magne-Skuseth/Dates/2014/11/content-providers-101--part-iii-finishing-touches/

Jun 09, 2017 9:35
Vote:

Hi Per Magne Skuseth

I have followed your tutorial and was able to create the csutom content provider. Thanks for that however, i am not able to generate the url using @Url.ContentUrl(content.ContentLink) it always comes out as empty and i am also not able to dgar this custom content to LinkItemCollection.

Do you have any idea how can i genereate the url using @Url.ContentUrl?

Jul 06, 2017 6:48
Vote:

Is your content inheriting ImageData or MediaData?

Jul 06, 2017 8:32
Vote:

Hi Per Magne Skuseth,

It inherits from ContentBase they are not media object.

Cheers

Jul 07, 2017 7:14
Vote:

In your original question you stated that you need to create a content provider for images, so I guess your best approach would be to either use a new type (or existing class if you have one) that inherits ImageData.

However, if you for some reason don't want to do that, you will have to implement IRouteable on your custom content - if I recall correctly.

Edited, Jul 07, 2017 7:56
Vote:

Hi Per Magne Skuseth 

Apologies for late reply, I will try with the IRouteable and will let you know.

Aug 07, 2017 8:35
Vote:

Hi Per Magne Skuseth 

Do you know if i can have content provider per site. In our system we have 10 different sites and my root folder is inside SiteAssetsRoot. The issue is EPiserver is caching the one content provider for each site.

Let say if i have 10 site 

Site 1

Site 2

Site 3

Site 10

If I load Site 3 first then all of the Site will point to root folder of Site 3 as Content Provider has been cached. Do you know how can i resolved the issue?

Cheers

Aug 09, 2017 3:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.