Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Convertion error message

Vote:

After upgrading an existing site from Webforms to MVC we see this error in the logs.
Site site seems to work, so I am wondering if the errors can be ignored?

We did change the properties from PageReference to ContentReference

ERROR [] EPiServer.DataAbstraction.RuntimeModel.Internal.ContentTypeModelRegister - Detected change of type on property [PROPERTYNAME] on [CONTENTTYPENAME]. Converting existing content of type EPiServer.Core.PropertyPageReference to new backing type EPiServer.Core.PropertyContentReference is not possible without loss of data. No change is commited.

Mar 21, 2018 10:46
Vote:

Before you ignore it check the Content type definition in CMS admin.

If you still have a property with PageReference there you should write a migration to move the data to a new property of contentreference and then drop the old property.

I think it will still function as a PageReference because episerver have rejected your change but if you attempt to add a reference to a content that isn't a page I don't know what will happen.

Instead of ignoring I would rather revert the change since otherwise you will have the database out of sync with your content models, which will most likely mean trouble somewhere down the road.

Mar 21, 2018 13:04
Vote:

Thanks Erik, I ended up changing back to PageReference since it will all be pages and that minimize the effort as well.
Thanks

Mar 21, 2018 14:20
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.