Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Tutorials for basic search features

Vote:

Hi

I'm in need of some basic page search functionality on my site, and I don't want to use EpiServer Find. The basic Search should be enough to cover my needs, but I'm struggling to get started. I have installed the NuGet Packages, but I can't find much helpful info on how to actually build this (all results are for Find). Could I get some pointers to good beginners tutorials for Search? It's really hard to find, but there must be some out there that other people have used to learn this.

I'm on EpiServer 11 and I basically just need to search for keyword(s) and return a list of pages as a result.

Thanks!

Mar 19, 2018 15:12
Vote:

Have you read through the documentation about this?

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/search/

Before starting with adding custom things it is very good to get the built-in parts to work:

1. Has it created a lucene index in the folder on disk you configured for the service?
  2. Has your content been indexed into that index? size on disk should tell you.
  3. Can you search the index from the CMS edit interface?
Mar 19, 2018 17:06
Vote:

Thanks a lot, I was using the documentation, but found it a bit cryptic to get started with. But Your steps helped me through at least checking that things were working as they should behind the scenes, so that was a great help. I also discovered that contrary to what I've read, it seems like the alloy demo site is set up with Search, so I'll try and use that for reference (it says everywhere that it uses Find, so I hadn't looked much into it). Thanks again for the tips!

Mar 20, 2018 15:36
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.