Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Read Forms data in a scheduled job

Vote:

Our client wants to create a form for some internal survey. 

I am hoping to create a scheduled job to read the form data submitted by users and use it to update their profile pages. Is there a document I can refer.

Jul 14, 2020 16:00
Vote:

Hi Dileep

Not sure your exact requirement.  Based on what you described, I think you can use FormDataRepository inside EPiServer.Forms.Core.Data namespaceto retrieve the submission data.

If the FormDataRepository doesn't give you everything you need, you might need to check the FormServiceApi which supports OData query would be helpful in some cases. 

The options mentioned above should allow you to get the data from scheduled job. 

If scheduled job is not restricted requirement, you could consider to subscirbe to FormSubmitted event to update the profile page realtime. 

I hope this will help.

/V 

Jul 15, 2020 7:44
Vote:

Thanks guys. I think FormDataRepository is good start for me to get the required data. I will give it a shot. Thanks for the update.

Jul 16, 2020 17:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.