Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Need help to understand the profiling details from MiniProfiler profiling tool.

Vote:

Hello,

We are using MiniProfiler for one of the slow running page in our website which uses EPiServer Find service to get result to display on page and here is profiling detail in local environment.

What does it mean if it takes more time for URL, is it some EPiServer modules that are taking more time to process?

Thanks,

Deepa

Jun 01, 2021 6:32
Vote:

Hi Deepa,

Are you using any third-party image optimization/cropping module? If yes then maybe that module is taking the time.

Jun 01, 2021 7:12
Deepa Puranik - Jun 01, 2021 7:51
Hi Ravindra,

Yes we are using ImageProcessor version 2.9.1 to optimize image as per tech audit guidelines.
Ravindra S. Rathore - Jun 01, 2021 7:56
Ok. If possible disable that module then check or remove the image rendering code and give it a try whether it improves the performance or not
Deepa Puranik - Jun 01, 2021 10:48
Yes I will try out this, thank you for guiding on this.
Vote:

If you can reproduce locally, you can (and should) use a more powerful profiler, such as dotTrace, to look into details. I think the slowness might come from Find requests (uncached/multiple requests etc.), but that is yet to be seen. 

Jun 01, 2021 7:28
Deepa Puranik - Jun 01, 2021 7:53
We did audit our website in Azure application insight to find out this page being slow and used dotTrace prior to this for profiling and it doesn't give any useful detail.
This result is from local environment and line ArticleSearchResult is where we have Find Request (GetContentResult()) with caching parameter passed to fetch the article result.
Vote:

That is strange. Using dotTrace usually gives me the most comprehensive information. Application Insights profiler is good too, but it needs more experience to understand (basically an ETL so it contains a lot of information that can be overwhelming at first)

Jun 01, 2021 8:00
Vote:

This is one of the sample for same page from dotTrace and as per your comments may be I am not able to make out of it and it shows more time for Native codes.

Jun 01, 2021 10:47
Vote:

This is one of the sample for same page from dotTrace and as per your comments may be I am not able to make out of it and it shows more time for Native codes.

Jun 01, 2021 10:47
Vote:

Try to expand thread #8 -ProcessRequestNotification. 

Note that you can always reach out to developer support service for assistance 

Jun 01, 2021 11:54
Deepa Puranik - Jun 02, 2021 5:50
Thank you.
Can you please help us with tutorial links which is helpful to get more understanding on dotTrace sampling results.
Quan Mai - Jun 02, 2021 7:57
I don't have something like that, unfortunately.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.