Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Reuse blocks between two roots?

Vote:

Hey,

Is it possible to reuse blocks between two roots, say between examplebank.com and examplebank-x.com?

The reason is that the first root instance is a publicly accessible site, and the second is a restricted environment with bit of a complex AD setup. Both roots are owned by a bank, so the branding is somewhat the same and realise that there some blocks we could use from one root, on the other instead of doing the work twice. 

I realise this may be impossible since it basically is two different code bases. But figured I would give it a shot ask, anyone in here seen, heard, know how to support this scenario?

Sep 17, 2021 8:50
Vote:

Hi,

Yes, you can use the same blocks in multiple places just create them in the "For All Site" Assets folder and if you already created them in the "For This Site" then just move them into the "For All SItes" folder.

Sep 17, 2021 9:32
Enock - Sep 17, 2021 9:40
Thanks Ravinda. But it's not what my problem is :)
The two sites are not even on the same instance or installation of the CMS - they exist on two different content clouds.
Ravindra S. Rathore - Sep 17, 2021 9:44
Oh ok
Vote:

There's a couple of different options that could work

1. Create a service to syncronized the content between 2 instances. My organization has done this with a client by using a share azure blob and exporting the content between instances then re-importing. You can programitcally generate an epidata backup such as you would do in the admin
  2. Turn on the ContentDeliveryApi and just consume the content from one as the master (or between each other) you can then get the shared block directly via this and render them out as content. This is how modern delivery works with front end SPA driven application just exposing content via this mechanism
Sep 17, 2021 14:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.