Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Disable EN locale for specific site

Vote:

We have a multi-site solution where we have multiple sites like A,B,C etc. Sites like Site A and Site B are using “en” locale and those are already live. And we are planning to go live third site C as well, but for site C we have multiple cultures enabled like “en-us”, “en-ca” etc. and we want to disable the “en” culture for this specific site C only.

We tried below things:

• If we disable en locale from admin-> manage website languages, then it will be disabled for all sites, that we don’t want.
  • In Page Edit mode,  Tool dropdown -> Language Settings -> disable “en” , then it is not working as expected.

Please assist on this.

Aug 29, 2022 11:33
Vote:

Interesting question. I don't know how to elegantly do that, but in theory, you can write some code to delete the en branch of all pages within that site. there is no built-in "disable this language for this site" feature, however

Aug 29, 2022 12:00
- Aug 29, 2022 13:29
Deleting the en version pages, we can do it with language gadget also. But i am looking for any other solution , if feasible.
Vote:

"In Page Edit mode,  Tool dropdown -> Language Settings -> disable “en” , then it is not working as expected." What is your expected outcome? By disabling the language, editors are not able to translate content into this language. You can disable a language anywhere in the page tree, e.g. on the startpage of website 'C'. To me, this sounds exactly what you want to achieve?

Aug 30, 2022 8:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.