Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I completely disable commerce application log?

Vote:

We are importing products into commerce through an EPiServer scheduled job, and every single time we modify or create an object an insert statement is executed adding an entry into ApplicationLog table. This means that we are in the multi million range in regards to entries in the ApplicationLog after importing just a few hundred products.

The webhelp indicates that this is the default behavior but can be changed, but i can't find any reference to how i change it in the sdk, so my question is how do I disable it? i have modified log4net.config and removed the ecf databaseappender but it is still logging like crazy, which kills import performance completely, not to mention using diskspace on useless log entries.

Nov 19, 2012 13:38
Vote:

Ok, solved it myself, posting it here as a reference for others:

inside ecf.catalog.config there is a reference under <Events/> to a cataloglogger, remove this and logging is disabled.

Nov 19, 2012 13:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.