Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Difficult promotion question

Vote:

ok, here is my question and i am afraid that this one is going to be tricky.

Is it possible to create a promotion that standard gives 20% ( this is normal) but on some products gives 25% discount OR 50%. But also rule products out that have a from price and a Special this week only price)

So lets say i have 4 items in my shoppingcart

. Product A

- Product B

- Product C

- Product D

- Product E

now i enter my couponcode CODE2014 and the discount is calculated as follow:

. Product A 20% discount

- Product B 20% discount

- Product C (this product will have 25% discount)

- Product D (this product will have 50% discount)

- Product E (no discount since this already has a special price)

Jan 17, 2014 12:03
Vote:

Hi,

You can stack multiple promotions with the same promo code to get this effect. So, you'd create 3 promotions, one for each % discount band with the same value in the promo code field. When the code is applied, any of the 3 promotions which were valid would be applied to the products which met the criteria.

If you make the product promotions exclusive (so they can't be applied multiple times) and rank them in the order you want them applied, you should be able to create "a promotion" that behaves the way you want.

Jan 17, 2014 12:20
Vote:

Great. So it IS possible to create the same promo code but the trick is how you rank this.

And how do i handle it when i have 800 products and i want to Exclude 15 products from the voucher code?

Jan 17, 2014 13:33
Vote:

There are a couple of things you could try - either adding them to a 4th (and topmost ranking) promotion at 0% discount, or you could try adding them all into a virtual category and excluding that category from the promotion (though this may not work, I can't remember how EPiServer evaluates exclusions on catalogue node and whether this would override the fact the product *was* in another category which was valid for the promotion).

Jan 17, 2014 14:05
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.