Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Retrieving CatalogNode/CatalogEntry relations

Vote:

I'm looking for a way to get CatalogNodes related to a specific CatalogEntry and, in reverse, to get CatalogEntries related to a given CatalogNode.  I've been looking at the GetCatalogRelationDto method in the Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog.ICatalogSystem interface, but I can't seem to get the information I need from it.  When I give it both the Node and the Entry IDs, it will confirm there is indeed a relation between them, but I don't see a way to start with one ID and get other related entities.  The first overload which accepts a childEntryId seemed promising, but that appears to return other information, not related to CatalogNodes.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

May 15, 2014 0:04
Vote:

Hi,

What's version you are using?

If you're using prior to 7.5, you're in the right track. From CatalogRelationDto.NodeEntryRelation table, you can find:

- The rows which has a specific CatalogEntryId, then you can now which Nodes a entry belongs to

- The rows which has a specific CatalogNodeId, then you can now which entries a Node contains.

You may also want to apply a CatalogId when finding. 

You also can use ICatalogSystem.GetCatalogEntriesDto which take a catalogNode parameter, for example:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Class-library/?documentId=commerce/7.5/fa8d9748-5d9e-4460-b237-0260f1596ef2

From 7.5, you can use ILinksRepository to get that.

/Q

May 15, 2014 6:46
Vote:

Thanks for your response.  I'm using Commerce 7.5.  I think either I'm doing something wrong or I've found a bug here.  Here's one line of my code:

CatalogRelationDto relation = CatalogContext.Current.GetCatalogRelationDto(52);

There's a record in the NodeEntryRelation table in the database with CatalogEntryId equal to 52 and CatalogNodeId equal to 71.  However, relation.NodeEntryRelation.Count is 0 in this case.  Am I using this method incorrectly?

I haven't tried the ILinksRepository yet.

May 16, 2014 22:52
Vote:

I believe that you need to use the other overload:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Class-library/?documentId=commerce/7.5/c16f749c-1de9-b83e-c74d-d0d0c4152178

Pass the CatalogId and CatalogNodeId/CatalogEntryId here and you will be able to get the NodeEntryRelation, something like this:

//To get the relation of entry. Note that I'm passing CatalogId here. If you want to get all the relation, leave CatalogId = 0

GetCatalogRelationDto(1, 0, 52, string.Empty, new CatalogRelationResponseGroup())

//To get the relation of node

GetCatalogRelationDto(1, 71, 0, string.Empty, new CatalogRelationResponseGroup())

Regards.

/Q

May 16, 2014 23:04
Vote:

That's exactly what I needed.  I didn't realize you could pass 0 for the IDs to get all related items.  Thanks so much!

May 16, 2014 23:08
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.