Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

RecordPromotionUsageActivity is obsolete

Vote:

Hi!

We just upgraded to Commerce 11 and we have our own checkout workflow. When I compile in release build I get this error:

"RecordPromotionUsageActivity is obsolete. Use promotion system in EPiServer.Commerce.Marketing instead. Will be removed in a future major release, but not earlier than August 2018."

We still use workflows, do we need do stop using workflows to get rid of this message?

[ActivityFlowConfiguration(Name = "DolCartCheckout")]
    public class DolCartCheckoutActivityFlow : ActivityFlow
    {
        /// 
        public override ActivityFlowRunner Configure(ActivityFlowRunner activityFlow)
        {
            return
                activityFlow
                    .If(ShouldProcessPayment)
                        .Do()
                    .EndIf()
                    .Do()
                    .Do()
                    .Do()
                    .Do();
        }
    }

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Edited, Sep 06, 2017 10:39
Vote:

If you are using the new promotion system (which you should), then you can remove RecordPromotionUsageActivity from your ActivityFlow.

If you are not, we recommend to move to the new promotion system as soon as possible. 

Sep 06, 2017 11:57
Vote:

Ah, perfect!
Yes, we are using the new one but still with workflows, but it is ok to remove so I will do that.

Thanks Quan!

/Kristoffer

Sep 06, 2017 11:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.