Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Customizing CommerceManager Order Management

Vote:

Hi,

I have a need to customize the order management grid of Commerce Manager (OrderSearch.ascx). I need to add a new column to the grid, is there a way to achieve this?

Currently there is no code behind for the control and it inherits from: Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Order.OrderSearchList. Is there a way for me to access the code behind (OrderSearch.ascx.cs) and add custom logic to this piece?

Image for reference: https://www.screencast.com/t/wv8wtBXSxAkO

Apr 03, 2018 16:58
Vote:

This is not supported customization - you can do it, but you're on your own if you run into problems.

If time permits I will write something about that in my book. 

Apr 03, 2018 22:17
Vote:

It depends on what it is you want to add there, the entire view is configured in CommerceManagerSiteRoot\Apps\Order\Config\View\Grids\OrderSearch-List.xml

If what you want to add already exists in the datasource you can just configure a new column in that file.

As Quan said it is not supported and you must take special care when upgrading as updating the nuget will override your changes (writing a transform file for your additions is highly recommended).

Apr 04, 2018 16:04
Vote:

Just for the record I added a recipe to my book. You can check it out if you bought it, but you can buy it and return in 45 days if you don't like.

I plan to republish the content to my blog, but that will take some time 

May 31, 2018 12:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.