Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Customize promotions engine

Vote:

Hi,

I am working on Commerce 12.15.0, we have a requirment to calculate the promotions on Regular price and not the placed price. For example:

SKU 001 has a Regular Price $10 and Sale Price $8. Upon entering a valid coupoun the discount is currently applied on the placed price which is $8 by default. But the client wants to apply the discount on Regular price and then honor the lowest price between the two (Discounted Regular Price and Sale Price). So if the Discount is 50% off, then the Discount is applied to regular price which makes it $5 and then compare the Discounted Regular Price and Sale Price and take the lowest price between the two.

So should I have my own implementaton of the IPromotionEngine interface or should I create a new promotions processor? This is my first time working with promotions, I apprecite any ideas on how to approach this.

Feb 11, 2019 3:54
Vote:

Hi,

With the current implementation, I think it's impossible to customize your case. The promotion system works only with PlacedPrice and the logic is internal core, so you can't override that.

Feb 14, 2019 4:55
Vote:

Only workaround I can see would be to set the lineitems' placed price to your regular price and store your sale price in a custom meta field.

It would require you to only use your own custom promotions that all compares their discounted price with the sale price, as well as a custom line item calculator that makes sure to use the right price in the calculations of totals.

Feb 14, 2019 16:53
Vote:

Thanks Erik for your suggestion. However, I can see a complicated logic handling for all other modules in EPi that use PlacedPrice all the time like "IPriceService", "DefaultPlacedPriceProcessor" and even Commerce Manager carts\purchase orders modules.

Feb 15, 2019 20:16
Vote:

When customizing the promotion system like this there will undoubtfully arise other issues that needs to be taken into account. For example:

What happens if you have a LineItem with Quantity >= 2 and only one of those is applicable for a discount that would make the price lower than the sale price? With this situation you'd end up with a LineItem with two different "base" prices. Or some kind of inbetween price that probably would confuse the customer and/or your accountants. :)

Feb 18, 2019 10:36
Vote:

@Siddharth Gupta: did you end up with a solution to your case? I am having the exact same problem.

Feb 14, 2020 10:43
Vote:

Feb 18, 2020 20:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.