Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to set variant's date and time and it is not converted to site language or site country?

Vote:

I have a date property in a variant and my site is hosted on say Australia and language of the site is also same. If I select date and time from other country than Australia(Country A), it will convert(date time accodring to time zone difference) and save. If I open the edit mode in country A, I get the date time I entered, but in site it is converted one i.e. of Australia. If i open edit mode and site in Australia, I have converted datetime in both places.it is very confusing. How to set variant's date and time and it is not converted to site language or site country?

Aug 05, 2019 7:58
Vote:

The date and time are always saved in UTC, and in Edit mode it is displayed as local time/current language. There is curently no way I know of to display the date and time invariantly.

Aug 05, 2019 9:00
Muller - Aug 05, 2019 9:09
Yes it saves in UTC. But my concern is it adds/subtracts time (to change to site country) before converting in UTC. Can we avoid that?
Quan Mai - Aug 05, 2019 16:28
I'm not quite sure I understand the "adds/subtracts" part. Care to elaborate?
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.