Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Scheduled Job - Delete Expired Prices

Vote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a scheduled job that will remove expired prices after a certain number of days?

I would envisage this is similar to the remove expired carts but for prices.

Thanks

Paul

Edited, Mar 10, 2020 21:41
Vote:

Expired prices will not be returned when you use IPriceService, and unlike expired carts I don't think they will cause a performance degradation

but if you want to, you can traverse through the catalog https://leanpub.com/epicommercerecipes/read_sample , limiting to only variants and packages (unless you have prices for products, which is not common), then load prices using IPriceDetailService, delete the expired prices then save back

Mar 11, 2020 7:23
Vote:

Hi Quan,

Good information to know there will not be any performance degradation.

As more a good practice, it would be better to have something what would maintain obselete data. A recent query I ran against a clients PriceDetail table returned over 4 million prices that had expired. This seems expense to me and should be maintained.

Thanks for the info, I have read your book, lots of good information in there and great to see your support to the Episerver community, keep it up.

Paul

Mar 11, 2020 8:43
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.