Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to find a module by assembly 'EPiServer.Find.UI, Version=13.0.1.0

Vote:

Hi Guys,

I have two TFS branches in development. However I am unable to open Commerce manager for either of the branches.

I get following error. This has started occurring couple of days ago. The only change I had made to update the Find Index. It worked post updating index but a day later my commerce manager started throwing error on both branches.

I have tried following things so far

1. Clean and Rebuild the Commerce Manager.
  2. Chcked Nuget reference. It is using EPiServer.Find.Framework 13.0.1.
  3. Checked my BIN folder and PACKAGE folder, “EPiServer.Find.UI.dll” 13.0.1.0 does exist.
  4. Deleted all files from local file system and got force update from TFS.
  5. Reboot my system.

None of the above resolved my issues.

Can you help please?

ERROR Which I get

Unable to find a module by assembly 'EPiServer.Find.UI, Version=13.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7'
Parameter name: moduleAssembly
[ArgumentException: Unable to find a module by assembly 'EPiServer.Find.UI, Version=13.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7'
Parameter name: moduleAssembly]
   EPiServer.Shell.Paths.ToResource(Assembly moduleAssembly, String moduleRelativeResourcePath) +325
   EPiServer.Find.UI.Helpers.PathHelper.GetRouteFriendlyPathInModule(String moduleRelativePath) +31
   EPiServer.Find.UI.FindInitializationModule.Initialize(InitializationEngine context) +227
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key) +58
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Initialize(InitializationEngine context) +123
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules() +257

[InitializationException: Initialize action failed for Initialize on class EPiServer.Find.UI.FindInitializationModule, EPiServer.Find.UI, Version=13.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7]
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules() +786
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.ExecuteTransition(Boolean continueTransitions) +194
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.EngineExecute(HostType hostType, Action`1 engineAction) +879
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType) +226
   EPiServer.Global..ctor() +106
   ASP.global_asax..ctor() +42

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +142
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +107
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +1476
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +186
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +28
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreateNonPublicInstance(Type type, Object[] args) +82
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +174
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +347

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +552
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +122
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +737
Nov 18, 2021 5:18
Vote:

Hello,

I have managed to resolve it.

The "EPiServer.Find.UI.dll" in the BIN folder of CommerceManager was causing this issue. When I deleted that, Commerce manager is back to life.

THe topic can be marked as resolved.

Nov 19, 2021 6:16
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.