Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

File manager

Vote:

Hi. I need to give som users access to the filemanager without giving them access to the editor. Is this possible? My users are editing some pages outside the editorinterface, and i dont want them to have access to it. Magne
Nov 09, 2004 11:11
Vote:

Forgot to tell that I'm using EPiServer 4.22
Nov 09, 2004 11:33
Vote:

Do you mean the Linktool? (the Filemanager was introduced in EPiServer 4.30) I'm not sure if I got the whole picture... You want to prevent users from using the editor in edit mode? And they should still be able to use the linktool? The editor can be disabled by writing your own class that inherits from EPiServer.Core.PropertyLongString. In the CreateChildControls event, just set the container's Enabled property to False. The linktool does not depend on the editor in anyway so it will continue to work wherever it is used.
Nov 09, 2004 16:50
Vote:

Hi. I want to prevent users from using the editor in edit mode, but the users should still be able to use the link tool. But my userers cannot use the linktool unless I put the group where the users belong to into webconfig under allow roles. See example.
Nov 15, 2004 8:26
Vote:

I asume this is wath you want. Set access to the linkpage directly.
Nov 15, 2004 11:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.