Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

SPAN problem

Vote:

When i use a Property control to display a string (this type: String <= 255), the control renders the text inside a span -block :> My text What I do now is to use properties, like protected string Header {get {return .... get the data .... }} Is this the only way to avoid that the control renders span tags around my text, when I use small-string ?
Jun 07, 2005 14:16
Vote:

Try this: <%=CurrentPage["nameofproperty"]%> ps. The property control enables editors to edit the page in view mode and that will not work if you use this code. ds.
Jun 09, 2005 17:43
Vote:

Or you could just subclass Property. We have done this and can now choose if we want to handle DOPE or get rid of the element.
Jun 10, 2005 11:17
Vote:

I am using a DIV element instead of a SPAN, as I was getting errors when I ran the page through the W3C Markup Validation Service. It was complaining I was using a block element (e.g.
) inside an inline element (e.g. ), making the page not xhtml compliant. Is there a way to use this approach to still allow editing on a page, without going into edit mode? Thanks Tak
Dec 14, 2005 17:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.