Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

oninit firing twice?

Vote:

Hi all, I have the strangest error and I'm stumped... The problem is: In a web form (asp.net 2.0, c#) oninit is firing twice. But it's not some autoeventewireup=true thats causing this (set to false everywhere), and it seems like it's only oninit that fires twice, not the page_load. And here's the best: On my default.aspx oninit only fires once and all included controls work great, but on all other aspx's I create it fires twice. Even if they contain exactly the same code as my default. I know this description is failry general, and perhaps quite hard to follow when you cant see the code (i know i could upload it here but it's massive, and it feels like this is a more fundamental error than just some bad codebehind, but let me know if there's something you'd like to see), I just wanted to check if there's anybody who has an idea where things could go wrong, 'cause I've been staring at this for hours now and is on the brink of going insane... Thanks! /Måns
Jun 14, 2007 14:51
Vote:

ok, it seems like friendly urls is the problem here, since everything works after turning them off. anybody who has an idea why?
Jun 14, 2007 16:03
Vote:

Ok, i'm continuing my monolog with myself proving i'm a dumbwit, i hade forgotten to add .
Jun 14, 2007 16:37
Vote:

Same problem here. You had forgotten to add what?

Dec 21, 2010 10:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.