Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer search ignore special characters

Vote:

Hi,

EPiServer search feature ignores searching special characters like %, @, & etc. I have created content with these special characters in different pages. If my search query is "_", episerver returns all the results. This is a strange behaviour as I believe all search engines should return the results of our search query provided it is available.

Request you all to provide some answers for this query.

Thanks,

Siva

Nov 11, 2008 7:37
Vote:

Which search function are you talking about, free text search or FindPageWithCriteria ?

Nov 11, 2008 9:01
Vote:

Hi,

I am using free test search. I am using the following code to perform search on the contents.

<EPiServer:SearchDataSource ID="SearchDataSource" runat="server" EnableVisibleInMenu="true">

<SelectParameters>

<EPiServer:PropertyParameter Name="PageLink" PropertyName="SearchRoot" />

<asp:controlparameter name="SearchQuery" controlid="SearchText" propertyname="Text" />

</SelectParameters>

<Criteria>

<EPiServer:PropertyCriteriaControl ID="PropertyCriteriaControl1" Name="RemoveFromSearch"

Condition="NotEqual" runat="server" Type="Boolean" Value="True">

</EPiServer:PropertyCriteriaControl>

</Criteria>

</EPiServer:SearchDataSource>

Nov 11, 2008 13:18
Vote:

If you wan't to change the free text indexing you need to change the regular expression that we use for indexing content into words. Its defined in web.config as "indexingTextRegExp". Its kind of complex so you need some kind of debugging tool for regular expressions so that you can test it.

Nov 11, 2008 15:35
Vote:

Many thanks. I will test this and get back to you.
Nov 13, 2008 7:52
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.