Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search in userdata

Vote:

Hi!

I'm new to EPiserver and have searched and browsed this site and the documentation back and forth and I still haven't found how to make a search in userdata. Can anyone please enlighten me?

The thing is that we load userdata properties from our AD and I could in theory search in the AD directly, but it would be too slow so I'd rather search the synced data instead.

Please assist!

May 12, 2008 11:54
Vote:

That depends on the profile provider you are using, the default ASP.NET provider defined in web.config does not support search as far as I know. With synced data I am guessing you mean that you manually take AD properties and stuff them into the user profile (which is then serialized down to the database by ASP.NET)..

May 12, 2008 17:05
Vote:

Hi

thanks for your reply.

Yes, we add data like this:

PersonalizedData userData = PersonalizedData.Load(user.ID);
userData["city"] = ldapUser.City;
userData.Save();

and now we would like to be able to search for all users in a particular city (actually we want more than that and also be able to combine searches...).

Can this be done through the API or should I go for the SQL tables?

May 13, 2008 8:15
Vote:

Im afraid that EPiServer 4 has no function to search in pesonalizeddata.

The data is stored in tblUserProperty with exception for some wellknown properties stored in tblUser and you would have write your own queries on these tables to achieve what you want.

/johan

May 13, 2008 10:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.