Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiStore free text attribute

Vote:

The EPiStore cart item attributes (defined in XML) are great for fixed choices like clothes' sizes. But how can I store free text attributes like the contents of different text fields of a business card or the engraving of a ring?

Jul 03, 2008 7:41
Vote:

Also, will EPiStore understand that different variations (attributes set differently) of the same cart item are not the same? If not, adding a size M t-shirt and a size L t-shirt will result in "merging" the two to one row in the cart. Or is there another way to stop the cart from merging the items?

Jul 03, 2008 8:50
Vote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I disassembled the Dll and found out that:

1. It is possible to set any value of an attribute, but not put new keys in the collection. So I can put free text in an attribute as long as I register the key in the XML (value choices won't matter since the set method doesn't compare to them). 
  2. Differing attribute values will cause the items not to merge.
Edited, Jul 03, 2008 9:41
Vote:

If you are using standard admin site for delivering orders than you will get a "Cannot find name for attribute value" exception when you try to open them. because epistore expects the values to exists in the options list.

Oct 18, 2010 16:47
Vote:

If you are using standard admin site for delivering orders than you will get a "Cannot find name for attribute value" exception when you try to open them. because epistore expects the values to exists in the options list.

Oct 18, 2010 16:48
Vote:

Ah, too bad, I never did that. Actually the solution I was sketching back then never went into production.

Oct 18, 2010 18:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.