Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access denied with CreateLanguageBranch

Vote:

Hi,

I'm developing a webservice that uses EpiServer API to read and write information from/to the CMS. I'm not using EpiServer webservices, but just referencing the EpiServer dlls directly in my webservice project.

I can read any page information from the CMS using DataFactory.Instance.GetPage, but I cannot create a new page using DataFactory.Instance.CreateLanguageBranch. I get "Access was denied to page nnnn".

The site has Windows authentication so I guess I need my code to authenticate somehow before trying to create a new page, but I cannot seem to figure out how.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 27, 2009 21:19
Vote:

Have you tried using AccessLevels when creating your language branch? Try setting the AccessLevel to NoAccess when calling:

CreateLanguageBranch(PageReference, ILanguageSelector, AccessLevel)

Oct 29, 2009 11:02
Vote:

That solved my issue. I used it before but with FullAccess (I thought that should be the option to give me full access to modify all pages). But as you suggested, it should be NoAccess.

Thank you!

Oct 29, 2009 13:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.