Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor Plugin non-modal window example

Vote:

Hello,

In my CMS R2 solution, I am trying to create an editor plugin that is not a modal window, but a new aspx-file - much like the "Insert image from file" and "Insert document" editor buttons. This is because I need to do a server postback in my plugin before I return the value to the editor, and also possibly inserting the InputPageReference web control in my plugin - both things I have come to understand is not working very well with a modal dialog.

Are there any examples or tips out there to guide me through this process? I have only found forum topics and articles regarding modal windows opening.

Thanks,
/Marten

Mar 12, 2009 16:59
Vote:

A colleague pointed me into the direction of using Dynamic Content instead, which seems to be a much better idea. Much of the functionality I seek is already implemented there, and as far as I can tell there is nothing keeping me from rendering static content - which is my intention of doing.
Mar 13, 2009 11:11
Vote:

The method u could have used is a frame with your aspx inside.
Mar 14, 2009 22:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.