Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Converting database from Oracle to SQL server

Vote:

Hello, has anyone successfully moved an EPiServer database (4.6x or 5.x) from Oracle to SQL Server? Did you use SQL Server Migration Assistant? Any other experience of this tool? I thought there was an EPiServer article about this (for 4.62), but I can't find it now.
Aug 21, 2009 11:17
Vote:

I suggest you use EPiServer export functionality on the Oracle site and import on the Sql Server site. Then you will miss:
  • 1) History of all pages
  • 2) A few things stored in Object store like data from EPiServer Statistics, WSRP and mirroring functionality.
  • 3) And probable some other small things

But I think that this is the easiest way to do a migration.

Aug 22, 2009 12:08
Vote:

Hi,

We have succesfully moved from Oracle to MS SQL with the use of a SSIS package.
This way we kept all PageIDs(not using FURL), mirroring info etc.

Our Oracle database was case sensitive and we did go with a case insesitive MS SQL implementation so we ended up with a little cleaning up, nothing major. Mostly in the tblSID table with users haveing registed them selves with ABBA@se.se and abba@se.se, as an example :-)

We had to translate the GUIDS from being stored as strings in Oracle to genuine GUIDS in MSSQL, and some other minor translations.
It went supprisingly smooth, all handled in a SSIS package, takes about 10min to pump data from Oracle to MS SQL with 40 000 pages + pageversions.

So it can be done :-)

Regards,
Morten

Oct 23, 2009 15:15
Vote:

Get info, many thanks!

Oct 23, 2009 15:55
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.