Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Nested Dynamic Content

Vote:

Hello,

There are 2 dyanmiccontent (DC), one has 3-4 episerver properties and also there is one control thats been used, where as the other DC has only one field and no controls is associated with that so when render method is called we are just rendering a string from the session.

So in First DC in one property field i have dropped second DC, so whenever the page calls first DC it inturn calls the second DC, but when it doesn't render. It renders as plain text itself {DynamicContent:Description}

But if i drop second DC seperately then it is rendered properly. If i tie both it is not working. It's nothing but Nested DynamicContent

Please let me know if you guys were able to underestand

Thanks

Rachappa

Oct 25, 2010 22:58
Vote:

How do you render the XHtml property containing the Description dynamic content? It has to be rendered using the episerver property control, or perhaps not even that works inside other dynamic content.

The thing is, the Dynamic content is just that yellow span you see until it is picked up by some code inside the Property control which replaces it with the actual content. This has been discussed several times in the forum, here's one thread:

http://world.episerver.com/Templates/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=26635

Oct 26, 2010 7:18
Vote:

I can confirm that you can have nested dynamic content.

Oct 26, 2010 7:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.