Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor control with one or more values

Vote:

Hi folks

I'm in need of a control for the EpiServer editor which allows the user to add one or more values (and to be used as part of a Dynamic Content control in EpiServer 6).  Ideally it would be similar to a LinkItemCollection, except rather than opening a popup window with multiple values, each new item would simply be a text box.  In other words, I'd like a collection of text boxes that can be added, deleted or moved like the items in a LinkItemCollection.

In order to achieve this, I've been trying to write a plugin.  The main problem I've been having is trying to understand how to maintain the state of the page - at the moment I'm playing around with a combination of ViewState and an event called AddedControl (that fires when a control, i.e. a text box, is added).  If I persist, I think I'll get it to work, but I'm beginning to think that there has to be an easier way.

Does anyone have an ideas as to how I might best achieve this?

Cheers

Nov 01, 2010 2:37
Vote:

If you take a look at Itera.MultiProperty you will get some pointers to who to do this.

Nov 01, 2010 10:25
Vote:

Hi Anders

I've certainly come across Itera.MultiProperty since I've been looking for help on this issue, and though it looks great, our code is all in VB and I don't fancy converting everything from C#.  Or will the Itera.MultiProperty be compiled into a DLL and be available regardless of the language used?

Cheers

Nov 03, 2010 0:42
Vote:

Tim, you can compile Itera.Multiproperty and just add the .dll to the VB project.

Nov 03, 2010 10:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.