Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Setting Access Rights fails on some sections

Vote:

Whenever I try to set the Access Rights for some sections, EpiServer gives the following Error Message:

Failed to save access rights for the page and/or its children. This may be caused by having a user with the same name as a group

This only happens when I check "A".  Also it doesn't matter if I am adding a user or a group.  An example Structure Tree would be as follows.

• Home
    • About
      • Page 1
      • Page 2
    • News
      • Article 1
      • Article 2

So if I was set the access rights for News or Home with "Apply Settings for subpages" checked, EpiServer will throw the error.  If was to set the access rights for About with "Apply Settings for subpages" checked it will process the request without any problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 22, 2010 23:20
Vote:

Have you checked which users and groups that are already present from the News level and down?

Nov 23, 2010 8:24
Vote:

I just double checked and it appears there is no issue with the groups assigned to the News level.  I can't really check all the articles under News as there is 500+ articles.

Nov 23, 2010 16:32
Vote:

If the problem is what the exception says, applying the changes you want from the News level and down one group at the time should find the offending group. Then a quick search if that name exist as a user should verify it.

Then you only have to find the offending page/pages.

Nov 23, 2010 16:43
Vote:

Nov 23, 2010 23:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.