Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Have trouble with ElektroPost.Licensing from CMS 4 site

Vote:

I get

LicenseException: A error occured while loading the license file [Could not load file or assembly 'ElektroPost.Licensing, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]

when I try to start a working site that I have copied from one server to another. Both servers have .NET 2.0 installed.

Have done some refelctoring and I see that ElektroPost.Licensing uses some dll's that are not in the GAC

and have tryed to redirect those tho the new versions

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="mscorlib"  culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>      
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System" publicKeyToken="b77a5c561934e089" culture="neutral" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Management" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Security" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
      </dependentAssembly>  
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
      </dependentAssembly>  
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Xml" publicKeyToken="b77a5c561934e089" culture="neutral" />
      </dependentAssembly> 

But I still get the same error. We should first shoot the person that decided that this error messages was enought :)

Do any of you know what I could do?, or how do I get the dll's from the GAC?

Anders

Dec 16, 2010 11:36
Vote:

tricky one

just to start somewhere...

- you do have a valid license file for that machine?

- what version of Epi 4.?

- you installed the server with "episerver manager" with the actual version of the epi 4.?

should work if both machines are identical..... so to speak :-)

Dec 18, 2010 21:01
Vote:

Hi.

I can answer these questions as I am the customer here.

"- you do have a valid license file for that machine?"
Yes, the license on the server is valid. We have an CMS 5 Enterprise license, and the sites (two sites getting the same error) has been moved from an old server (which we are phasing out) running master license to a new server running a slave license ("load balancend" with an editor master license server).

"- what version of Epi 4.?"
The sites are Episerver version 4.61.0.83 and 4.61.3.83.

" you installed the server with "episerver manager" with the actual version of the epi 4.?"
No, we copied files from the old server to the new server, and replaced the old license.config with the new license.config (CMS 5 version on both new/old license.config).

Pål Kjølberg

Dec 20, 2010 8:36
Vote:

I've had some issues with getting EPi4 sites to work. Usually I just install a dummy site from EPiServer Manager with the right version. Usually helps to register what's needed. And if that won't help, steal some files and config-sections from the dummy site.. ;)

Dec 20, 2010 12:55
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.