Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Autogenerate/Batch create users from a table?

Vote:

This sounds silly, and it's not something that will be a permanent thing. I just need to do this as a one-time thing for a specific purpose. Explanation: We are hosting a program/campaign where we would like our partners to sign up for the program by filling in a form in a secured area. In order to make this process easier for this one-time program, we have a list of partners with email address and site number. Using the email address as their username, and autogenerating a password, how would I go about looping through this list of users in a table, or any other format, and create their accounts. Do I have to use the .NET createuserwizard control? We are currently using the createuserwizard control in our Register pagetype.

Or do I have to manually create users using MembershipUser CreateUser() method? But would I also have to create a user in EPiServerProfile? Or does the EPiServerProfile get set up automatically when using CreateUser()?

Any ideas on how the best way to go about doing this?

Jul 27, 2010 14:16
Vote:

Just use CreateUser. But no need to work with EPiServerProfile. EPiServerProfile is a direct map of the users, so its database representation will be created the first time you save a value in it.

Jul 27, 2010 14:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.