Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Modifying existing data in DynamicDataStore

Vote:

public enum CompletionType { Certified, Passed, Pending, Suspended }

public class UserCourseRecord: IDynamicData

{

public CompletionType CompletionStatus {get; set;}

}

I have a UserCourseRecord class and data is saved using the DynamicDataStore.

It has a CompletionStatus property which is just an enum. That property is saved as just CompletionStatus.ToString().

Now I need to change CompletionType.Suspended to CompletionType.Incomplete and change all references of it on the database.

I'm currently tracking it on the database but I'm still figuring out what table/s are being used by the DDS. I'm looking at tblBigTable right now and planning to create a script to change occurrences of "Suspended" to "Incomplete"

Would this be the correct way of modifying the data or is there any other more efficient way of achieving this?

Thanks.

May 18, 2011 2:56
Vote:

What about adding your new enum value. Then loop over all that uses the old value and change it and save Then removing the old enum value
May 18, 2011 7:59
Vote:

Just got a deeper look on the tblBigTable. The good news is the ENum is not saved as string (as mentioned) but as index. So I just modified the enum name and everything's good.

May 23, 2011 7:28
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.