Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I override built in property?

Vote:

Is there any way to override a built in property i in EPiServer? What I want to do is to use e.g. the built in property PageURLSegment (Page name in web address) but I want to add some javascript and a small icon beside the input-field in the edit-mode.

I'm thinking about to implement a custom property control that include some javascript and image. But I cannot find any way to tell EPiServer to use that costom property control for the property PageURLSegment.

Jun 20, 2011 15:51
Vote:

Hi

It's possible to register controls for the PropertyControlClassFactory in web.config. But that works on a property type level, i.e. replacing the property controls for an entire class, in this case PropertyString. Doing it for just one specific property is trickier.

Perhaps you could register a custom control for all PropertyStrings and check if the current property is PageURLSegment. If so, add your special logic, and if not, use the default handling.

Regards

Per Gunsarfs
EPiServer Development Team

Jun 20, 2011 17:21
Vote:

Thanks. I did a short test and it seem to work the way you described with PropertyControlClassFactory and special logic for a specific property name.

Jun 21, 2011 15:32
Vote:

Jun 22, 2011 11:12
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.