Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do you force EPiServer to give up its language URL prefix?


I have a v6 R1 installation that is really, really reluctant to give up the "/en/" in the URLs. It was set in error, during development, and now the client wants them out of the URLs.  The setting has been made in episerver.config -- I've confirmed that uiShowGlobalizationUserInterface is false.

However, URLs keep getting rendered with the "/en/" in them.  I've rebuilt the Web addresses from Admin Mode too -- doesn't matter.  It just won't give up this language prefix.

Jun 23, 2011 17:17

Have you tried setting the language in episerverframework.config?

add name="" language="en"

If you browse to it shouldn't display the en postfix. 

Jun 23, 2011 18:40

I added this, but I still have the same problem.  It only happens on some pages.  I've run the "Rebuild Web Addresses" job, but it didn't help.

Jun 24, 2011 16:03

So it shows /en/ on links to those pages? Does every page on that list contain /en/ or just a few?

Jun 24, 2011 16:48

Jeff helped me fix it -- I still had Swedish enabled.  If you have more than one language enabled, EPiServer tries to put that prefix in there.  Once I disabled Swedish, it works fine.

This still doesn't explain some of the inconsistency of it -- it was only on some pages, and not others.  But, it's fixed nonetheless.

Jun 24, 2011 17:37

Yeah I have no idea why changing the EPiServerFramework.config didn't fix the issue completely. None-the-less, nice to hear you fixed it :)

Edited, Jun 24, 2011 17:38
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.