Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Downgrade from CMS6 R2 to CMS6

Vote:

I need help downgrading a site from CMS6 R2 to CMS6 since the site has to many problems with language management after upgrading. How can I do this? I've got backups from the previous version of the code as well as the database. Can I just restore these and have the site up and running or is there something more to it?

Sep 22, 2011 10:15
Vote:

Is it perhaps better to create a site with database in the previous version in Deployment Center and then replace the new site with the backup?

Sep 22, 2011 10:39
Vote:

If you got the database and the old code I see no problem in just restoring the database and the code to former state. Try and restoring to a new database and make a new folder with the old code and  change your connectionstrings to see if it works before you do it on the real site. Don't forget to backup you current code and database! :-)

Sep 30, 2011 8:53
Vote:

No, that didn't work but I found a solution to it. Is there anywhere you can report a bug? I can't seem to find anything.

Sep 30, 2011 9:11
Vote:

Hi  - can you please share with us what problems do you have after upgrading regarding languaguge management - I'also had few language related issues in 6 R2 site but we resolved those with few changes here and there.

It will be good to know what issues you are having with upgrade.

Muhammad

Sep 30, 2011 12:49
Vote:

The site is built upon the public templates and even though most are new some of them are just new versions of the original pages in the public templates. The original language in those pages where english but since we don't use english the english language branch was deactivated, yet not deleted since it's the main language for some of the pages and couldn't be deleted.

The pages that was created "outside the templates" (if you may) and that had swedish as their main language were the ones who acted strange. Instead of the swedish version they opened the danish ones, probably danish because it is the first in line of our languages; da, fi, no, sv. The other languages worked like a charm, though. I had to recreate all the pages that had the swedish language as it's base - and the language versions of them - and then it all worked fine.

What is also interestin is that only the pages at the top of the hierarchy were the ones affected while subpages to them worked fine, eg. the different cateogires in the news section where news is a node directly under the start page.

Did you have the same problem?

Edited, Sep 30, 2011 13:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.