Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiMail inquiries

Vote:

Hi,

Here's our requirement:

We need to send several types of emails on a regular basis based on certain criteria:

e.g.

1. User Birthday email - send an email to users on their birthday

2. Store Promotion email - send an email to users living in this specific post code. (e.g. Microsoft store promotion for post code 2244, IBM store promotion for post code 2211)

3. Pet death anniversary email - send an email to users during their pet's death anniversary (note: a user can have multiple pets)

4. and so on...

Is it possible to do this with EPiMail? How?

Or are we better off creating our own scheduled jobs sending this newsletters on a daily basis.

From what I've gathered, this is possible via the User Group? So we'll create a daily job that modifies and populates this User Group (e.g. Birthday User Group) based on a criteria.

Is it worth getting EPiMail in this instance?

Any thoughts/feedback/comments will be greatly appreciated.

Jul 03, 2012 8:23
Vote:

And can we set the date/time (with repetitions) an email would be sent?

Jul 03, 2012 8:26
Vote:

And can we set additional tags for the email content?

e.g.

Hi $firstname$,

Your pet $species$ $petname$ is turning 2 on $pet's birthday$

Jul 03, 2012 8:38
Vote:

If you are using Relate/Community I recall some of the things you're requesting are already in place (and if you have Relate you already have a EPiMail subscription as well).

Personally I wouldn't recommend EPiMail for anything if you have a "clean" CMS installation. I would much rather expose lists of recipients for another service instead of "uglyfying" my project with all those files, DB-tables and mass of Web.config stuff that comes with EPiMail.

What's in your platform now and how many e-mails do you need to send per batch?

Edited, Jul 03, 2012 9:36
Vote:

We're using:

CMS 6 R2

Relate+ 2.0

Windows server 2003, SQL 2005

"If you are using Relate/Community I recall some of the things you're requesting are already in place (and if you have Relate you already have a EPiMail subscription as well)."

What in particular? They do support tags but I'm not sure if they support adding NEW tags.

Jul 04, 2012 1:32
Vote:

...and you need to pay for an EPiMail license. It's not free by default. Our website has 4000+ users so we can send 1 to 4000+ emails per batch.

Jul 04, 2012 1:34
Vote:

If you moderate your Community and look at the Search members function (Extended tab) you can search by for instance post code (if you have it set up as a IUser attribute). Then you can save that search as a dynamic EPiMail list.

It would be really crude and manual (because I don't think you can have DateTime.Now as a dynamic parameter using the GUI) but you could maybe also use the same functionality to send birthday/pet anniversary mails.
You would probably just implement the RecipientSource interface and put a Community-query in there instead. In that class you also implement the $-variables that you need to be available.

Jul 04, 2012 10:07
Vote:

Fair enough. Thanks!

Jul 05, 2012 0:56
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.