Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Payment gateway and shipping provider Issues handle

Vote:

Hi Team,

Payment gateway
We are using Authorize.net SDK for the payment gateway process and when the payment gateway service goes down then it will take down the site instance and getting 525 errors.

If anyone using the authorize.net gateway. So how we can handle the downtime?

Shipment provider

For shipment providers, we are using FedEx web service and FedEx service goes down some time and affects the site same as above payment gateway service.

Note: We are using a DXP server.

Questions

How we can generally handle this type of 3rd party service downtime that will not affect the site load?

Is anyone using any real-time API to get the status of API's FedEx and authorize.net?

Advance thanks,

Jul 29, 2021 9:07
Vote:

Hi,

Are you implementing a standard EPiServer payment gateway?

Payment gateways | Optimizely Developer Community

An error in a payment gateway should not bring down the site. Maybe send a code sample from your gateway?

Thanks 

Jul 30, 2021 9:35
Vote:

Thanks for the reply Johnny Mullaney,

Actually, we got a 524  error page.

I found out some additional points

1.The shipping methods are loaded in page load, not ajax call.
2.Due to slow page load time I think the 524 error is occurring. (only some site users are facing this error page)

Payment:

Yes, we inherit Episerver "AbstractPaymentGateway" and implemented the process payment function and using the Authorize.net package.

What is the general reason for getting 524 errors and how to resolve that ? Any idea?

Jul 30, 2021 12:41
Vote:

Hi Karyan,

DXP will throw a 524 Timeout on requests that take more than 100 seconds.

An EPiServer Payment Gateway or Shipping Provider won't cause this on it's own. The issue seems to lie in the implementation of said classes.

Thanks

Jul 30, 2021 14:05
Vote:

Hi Johnny Mullaney,

Really thanks for your reply,

This 524 occurs when FedEx web service goes outage/slow response.

Locally we unable reproduce the issue. I think this will only occur FedEx service goes down and multiple users accessing the site.

Edited, Jul 30, 2021 18:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.