Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Assemblies have not been updated with the current database version.

Vote:

Hello!
Running on EPiServer.CMS 11.20.12, we've encountered a problem. When we try to run the site we get the following error: "The assemblies for 'CMS' have not been updated to work with the current database version '7072.0'. Supported database version is '7070.0'."

We've tried to run the "Update-EPiDatabase" command but without success. I'm guessing that's because the database is not behind, but rather a nuget. Is "CMS" pointing to the EPiServer.Cms.Core-package? Or is it something else that might cause this error?

Oct 05, 2023 10:56
Vote:

Yes, it's the cms.core package. and yes it's the database is "newer" than the assembly. did you sync your database from somewhere else? 

Oct 05, 2023 11:41
Vote:

I'm working with Sebastian and we managed to solve it and it turned out to have a simple solution. The database schema for a shared DB had accidentally been upgraded through a nuget upgrade. I thought the problem could be resolved with update-epidatabase, but the script can't downgrade only upgrade.

I updated cms.core and its dependencies until we were once more compatible with the database to resolve the issue. Feels a bit silly in hindsight, thanks for the aid! :)

Oct 06, 2023 8:03
Vote:

I always prefer to have this locally...

<episerver.framework updateDatabaseSchema="false">

...to avoid unintentional upgrading the database schema.

In integration/preproduction/production, I leave it on true.

Oct 06, 2023 20:12
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.