Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Forms not working without store form submissions enabled

Vote:

We have updated from CMS11 to 12.

in Forms on 11, it was possible to use a form with just emailing, without storing data. Now in latest version you need to enable "Store from submissions" else you get a displayed message "Form is not enable to store data" and disabled. Is this some kind of options to enable? or default behavior nowadays

Edited, Oct 19, 2023 19:11
Vote:

Pretty sure is a bug, should work without storing, as that is what MA connectors do.

Oct 20, 2023 13:31
Vote:

Strange, I just tried in a plan vanilla Episerver.CMS 12.23.0 with Episerver.Forms 5.7.0, with the following form settings:
Unchecked "Store form submissions", one emailing on submission, no webhooks, no MA.
Form is not disabled. I am able to submit the form, getting the default confirmation message. (no submissions are stored, obviously).

Oct 27, 2023 11:49
Vote:

I have the same problem, when I disable "Store form submissions" I get the following error and "Submit" is disabled:
You cannot submit this form because an administrator has turned off data storage.

I have set up "Send email", allowed anonymous submission, disabled all custom forms related code. No errors in console either.

I have tested with Alloy and latest Episerver CMS and Forms nuget packages and do not get the error there.

The source code shows:
SubmittableStatus : {"submittable":false,"message":"You cannot submit this form because an administrator has turned off data storage."},

I have also commented out all security related response headers, to no avail.

Have you found any reason for this behaviour or a solution?

Nov 09, 2023 11:23
Vote:

Found it after a while of trial and error.

We were not using Session and adding the following solved the issue:

services.AddSession(options =>
        {
            options.IdleTimeout = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(10);
            options.Cookie.HttpOnly = true;
            options.Cookie.IsEssential = true;
        });
app.UseSession();
Nov 09, 2023 12:47
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.