Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

BlobNotFound 404 error in error logs

Vote:

I see lots of the same errors in the logs on production and preproduction environment. I'm unable to determine the source but I believe the message contains identifiers I can use to determine the problem. Can someone tell me how to use these values to find the problem? I see no browser console errors when viewing pages.

I also see a rare server hangup response and wondering if the two are related.

2023-05-23T02:30:28,Error,{env},f3c1a7,638204058282258914,0,3820,84,"EPiServer.Global : Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.StorageException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Core.Executor.Executor.ExecuteSync[T](RESTCommand`1 cmd, IRetryPolicy policy, OperationContext operationContext) in c:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\release_dotnet_master\Lib\ClassLibraryCommon\Core\Executor\Executor.cs:line 722
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Core.Executor.Executor.ExecuteSync[T](RESTCommand`1 cmd, IRetryPolicy policy, OperationContext operationContext) in c:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\release_dotnet_master\Lib\ClassLibraryCommon\Core\Executor\Executor.cs:line 649
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Blob.CloudBlob.OpenRead(AccessCondition accessCondition, BlobRequestOptions options, OperationContext operationContext) in c:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\release_dotnet_master\Lib\ClassLibraryCommon\Blob\CloudBlob.cs:line 51
   at EPiServer.Web.BlobHttpHandler.ProcessRequestAsyncInternal(HttpContextWrapper context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.<>c__DisplayClass285_0.b__0()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Request Information
RequestID:081cbd1c-e01e-006a-401e-8d0a87000000
RequestDate:Tue, 23 May 2023 02:30:28 GMT
StatusMessage:The specified blob does not exist.
ErrorCode:BlobNotFound
",

2023-05-23T02:30:28,Error,{env},f3c1a7,638204058283212541,0,3820,22,"EPiServer.Global : Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.StorageException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Thanks.

Edited, May 23, 2023 17:21
Vote:

Hi RichF,

Just a little piece of advice, maybe you should remove out the environment details from your logs before submitting.

I was able to take you prep environment details and access the site by simply adding the optimizely dxp domain to the end.

On to the problem, have you looked into your application insights? Insights should be able to tell you the severity of the issue and wether you need to address the problem.

If it is only a few say 10-15 that is managible, however if you are getting 500+ then you know there is something severaly wrong.

If you think this is severe, then I think you next approach would be to implement a global exception handler/middleware and only handle the 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.StorageException' .

You could then use the nuget package AzureStorageExceptionParser, to log additional details.

Hopefully that helps with you investigation.

Paul

May 24, 2023 8:13
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.