Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit is completely blank efter upgrade to CMS 12

Vote:

Hi

I'm working on upgrading a site from CMS 11 to 12, and has gotten it up and running with not too many larger issues now, except one.

The edit tab comes up completely empty. No tree or anything.

I have tried trace-logging, without any errors. It look like it is loading something, but not anything that produces any content.

Here is a short excerpt from the logs, quite a few rows similar to these are logged when loading the page:

2023-05-15 09:25:37.7027|DEBUG|EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultTemplateResolver|item: StartPage, Supported template 'StartPageController' with order '0', (tags='', category='Request'
2023-05-15 09:25:37.7027|DEBUG|EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultTemplateResolver|item: StartPage, Supported template 'DefaultPageController' with order '1', (tags='', category='Request'
2023-05-15 09:25:37.7027|DEBUG|EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultTemplateResolver|item: StartPage, Supported template 'StartPageController' with order '0', (tags='Edit', category='Request'
2023-05-15 09:25:37.7027|DEBUG|EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultTemplateResolver|item: StartPage, Supported template 'DefaultPageController' with order '1', (tags='Edit', category='Request'
2023-05-15 09:25:37.7027|DEBUG|EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultTemplateResolver|item: StartPage, Supported template 'StartPageController' with order '0', (tags='Preview', category='Request'
2023-05-15 09:25:37.7027|DEBUG|EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultTemplateResolver|item: StartPage, Supported template 'DefaultPageController' with order '1', (tags='Preview', category='Request'
2023-05-15 09:25:37.7027|DEBUG|EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultTemplateResolver|item: StartPage, Supported template 'StartPageController' with order '0', (tags='Preview', category='Request'
2023-05-15 09:25:37.7027|DEBUG|EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultTemplateResolver|item: StartPage, Supported template 'DefaultPageController' with order '1', (tags='Preview', category='Request'

It looks like it is just trying to sort out the templates. But I'm guessing it should display a site-tree anyway, were there something wrong with the templating?

It is probably something easy I have overlooked. Or perhaps there is something odd with the data from the old site.
Another problem that might be related is that even though the site is browsable alright, it doesn't seem to detect there is a translation of that page (ie, the "in english" doesn't display as it should)?

Anyone has any ideas where to look?

EDIT:

I should add that we have implemented custom LDAP user/role providers, overriding the UIUser-, UIRole and UISignIn-managers as well as the SecurityEntityProvider.

Edited, May 16, 2023 8:04
Vote:

What do you see in Devtools. There has to be an error there. 

May 25, 2023 14:17
Vote:

No errors in DevTools either, or I just don't know what to look for.

It seems the requests for the pages goes out, and a response comes back with lists of pages correctly.

So I suspect it is something frontend from the old site that just prevents it from rendering, although without triggering any errors. 🤷‍♂️

Oh the joy... :)

May 26, 2023 11:08
Vote:

There was an error in a custom UI module, but that error was not visible in the browser console.

Enabling UI debugging showed me the errors and got me on the right track. :-)

Thank you for your help!

Edited, Jun 14, 2023 11:43
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.