Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to direct update moved content URL in CMS 12?

Vote:

Hi! 

I have some problem if I move a published page from one location to another, the URL will not directly update. So when a user comes in to the page it will link to the old location and say it not exists. 
My thought is that is a URL cache that not been updated when i change the location.

I using the UrlResolver when create the links. 

Have you some suggestion how I can fix this issues?

Is it possible to update the cache in a Content-event regarding OnMoveContentEvent?

I'm using Optimizely CMS 12 (v12.11.0)

Great Regards
Mikael

Aug 14, 2023 11:23
Vote:

Hi Mikael,

Yes you can hook into those events and then using the built in caching system you can clear / change the values have a look at this documentation for guidance.

https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/content-management-system/docs/object-caching

Paul

Aug 14, 2023 11:47
Vote:

Thank you Paul for you quick answer.

Another question is what is the proper way to fix this issue? Is it to update the cache or should I use another service to resolve the URL? 

Regards 

Mikael

Aug 14, 2023 12:01
Vote:

The cache should be updated whenever you update the page (move etc.) I think there was a bug before with cache invalidation. Let me check 

Aug 14, 2023 13:29
Mikael Ekroth - Aug 15, 2023 7:42
What kind of you! Have you find out if there was bug for cache invalidation?
Vote:

I believe this might be related to bug CMS-26486 which was fixed on 12.13. however this should only occur in multi instances scenarios - i.e. if you edit in one instance and then check another instance, the cache might not be invalidated properly 

Aug 15, 2023 8:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.