Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Menu provider is giving 404 error after upgrading EPiServer CMS to 12.16.X onwards.

Vote:

I am currently facing a critical issue after upgrading our Episerver CMS to version 12.26.1. The problem specifically lies with the menu provider, as we are consistently encountering 404 errors related to the new menu system while rendering from the add-ons section.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Upgrade Episerver CMS to version 12.26.1.
  2. Navigate to the created custom add-ons utilizing the menu system.
  3. Observe the 404 error, indicating a failure in the menu provider.

Expected Behavior: We expect the menu system to function seamlessly without any 404 errors after the upgrade to Episerver CMS 12.26.1.

Additional Information:

• We have thoroughly reviewed the upgrade documentation to ensure all steps were followed accurately, may be possible we missed something.

Environment Details:

• Latest Episerver CMS Installed: 12.26.1
  • Earlier Episerver CMS we are using: 12.13.2

Attachments: PFA

I checked the different episerver.cms versions and I found that this issue is happening since 12.16.0

Brefore this version everything is working as expected.

I checked the release documentation for 12.16.0 as well but there is no mention of such issues

I think this issue is from Episerver itself.

does anybody faced it?

Jan 17, 2024 5:29
Vote:

Hi Vinay,

It seems that the framework is having difficulty locating or initializing the route.

Make sure that one of these is invoked within the Configure method to ensure the proper functioning of the route.

app.UseEndpoints(endpoints =>
{
   endpoints.MapControllerRoute(name: "default", pattern: "{controller=Home}/{action=Index}/{id?}");
   endpoints.MapDefaultControllerRoute(); });
   endpoints.MapControllers();
}

Jan 19, 2024 11:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.