Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Difference between running a template in edit mode(logged on

Vote:

Hi, Is there any difference between running a template in Editmode (you have logged on to EPiserver) compare to run a template as guest? We have a strange behavior on some of our templates when editor use them in edit mode(for example when they use the search template, it give no result, but as guest using the exact same template they receive a search result). It seems like some of the templates can’t do a postback. All these templates work correct om our developer machine but not by our customer servers.
Nov 22, 2005 17:15
Vote:

There are javascript detection script running when previewing a page in editmode. It will make sure that when you click on a link in for example the main site navigation we update edit mode panels and tree. The obvious question, which version are you running on the development machine and which version is running at the customer site ?
Nov 23, 2005 15:32
Vote:

Hi, I found what caused the error and it is no problem to recreate. I have tested under version 4.5 and 4.51(original installation with no code changes) with the same symptom. If you in administration mode changes the configuration for “Robot search” to “use links which allow search engine to index the web site” you will experience the same behavior on the calendar template and search template. I have not yet found anymore template who have the same error. What code changes are needed to make this original template to work with the configuration “use links which allow search engine to index the web site”.
Nov 24, 2005 9:12
Vote:

I'm curious! What is the actual problem with this problem? Why do you wan't to search in the editmode? /HAXEN
Nov 24, 2005 12:55
Vote:

I think I have seen this, or a similar, problem before. Then it was caused by some class/method that added "?id=" to the URL "Page____1000.aspx" which created problems later. The URL filter for robot friendly names didn't seem to handle double id params (even though they had the same value). You might want to check if this is the case here, if so report it as an error (which I think I did, so it should've been taken care of).
Nov 24, 2005 14:12
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.