Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

The simple url field of the page doesn´t work like it used to work. A big problem for us!

Vote:

We are building a new site in EPiServer CMS 5 which will replace our old site which is built in EPiServer version 4.62. At the old site we have used “Simple urls” frekquently and have addresses like /audiologen/mottagning etc. 

The addresses are used in noticeletters to our patiens, in broschyres and a lot of other things.

We now discovered that you cant use slash in The simple url field of the page in CMS 5 which causes us really big problems.

Is there any solution to this problem? What can we do?

I recall that I, in an earlier release of CMS 5, tested this and established that it worked fine, but now it doesn´t.

What should we do – any suggestions?

And in Swedish:

Enkel adress till sidan – fungerar inte som förut – stort problem!! 

Vi har nu byggt en ny webbplats i EPiServer CMS 5 som ska ersätta vår tidigare sajt som är byggd i EPiServer version 4.62. På den gamla sajten har vi använt oss av den fantastiska funktionen ”Enkel adress till sida” och där haft adresser som t ex /audiologen/mottagning.

Adresserna har varit jättebra och vi har använt oss av dem både i kallelser till patienter, broschyrer, annonser m.m.

Nu visar det sig att man, i CMS 5, inte kan använda sig av snedstreck i fältet ”Enkel adress till sidan”, vilket ställer till stora problem för oss.

Finns det någon lösning?

Jag har för mig att jag tidigt i första releasen av CMS 5 testade att det skulle fungera med våra gamla adresser, men nu gör det inte det längre. Vad göra?

Jan 28, 2010 18:01
Vote:

Hi, I have found out what it was that caused me the problem. It works with slash in the simple url field, but you get a error message if you try to add a slash at the end, and that is not a problem for me.

Jan 29, 2010 11:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.