Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Issue upgrading projects (TinyMCE)

Vote:

I'm trying to upgrade our Episerver platform, everything has gone as expected, but once I completed the upgrade across our projects, I'm getting a an error with the TinyMCE code base. In our Domain project, there is a DefaultTineyMce Settings class override that updates some settings for our project. Unfortunately after the upgrade, the environment no longer recognizes "Episerver.Editor.TinyMCE" as a valid namespace.

The only reference in the project now (related to TinyMce), is underneath the EPiServer.Cms namespace. I tried using that namespace, but it does not have valid identifiers for types that are referenced and methods that are overriden in this class definition. Has this particular namespace been depricted? What do I need to reference to override PropertySettings for TinyMCESettings?

Thanks!,

Sean 

Apr 26, 2019 22:31
Vote:

If you have upgraded to the new version of Tiny you have to rewrite all your custom logic, read more here:
https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/add-ons/customizing-the-tinymce-editor-v2/

Apr 29, 2019 7:16
Vote:

I was able to get past this by defining a new initialization routine to configure the plugin.

Apr 29, 2019 23:00
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.