Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export/Import does not work for saved data in pages

Vote:

Hi,

When I export a newly created page with only saved data (page is not published) then the page is imported also with the saved data. ✅

But when I do some changes to already published page and trying to export this page. This page is imported with the latest published data and the saved changes are missing. ❌

Bug or Feature?

Is there any other way how to export page with saved data? 

Thank you

Petr

Jun 24, 2021 13:05
Vote:

Our company has built a tool to export with versions blogged about here https://world.episerver.com/blogs/Vu-Ha-Bui/Dates/2020/1/export-content-with-versions/ 

Edited, Jun 24, 2021 13:21
Vote:

Hi Scott, 

Thank you very much for this tool! 

Unfortunately it was an urgent need of my customer, and I didn't expect that export of saved data will not work (I haven't found a single mention of it in Optimizely guids and it seems to me as a big deal!)

Jun 25, 2021 7:53
Vote:

Some CMS builds I've worked on can have hundreds of thousands or many times that. Due to this the export tool only handles exporting what's needed such as a created item or a publish version so there's only one item. Else with historical exporting if there's 20, 30, 40 ui version it's the content * version which will be a lot. Maybe an option would have been nice but at this point this is a very old tool in it's core structure.

Jun 25, 2021 8:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.