Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Licensing.Internal.CloudLicenseValidator - Supported Security Protocols

Vote:

Is there any information on which security protocols are support by the cloud licence validator?

We were actually unaware this was a thing until it broke - someone has adjusted the ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol settings based on some other API work they were doing, but it only cause problems once moved up to the DXP.

At the minute I'm guessing it doesn't support TLS1.2, but it would be useful to know so we don't break this in future.

Anyone know if there are any planned updates to this?

Sep 15, 2022 17:30
Vote:

We upgraded to latest security requirements for TLS earlier this year for both CMS 11 and 12. I can look up exactly but think it was around CMS.Core 11.20.14 so if you are on 11.19 they are not included. If you are running latest and still see issues please let us know what caused the issues, or open a support case.

Sep 19, 2022 11:10
Vote:

Hi,

To confirm the client site that was affected is running 11.20.14. However in this case we've simply resolved it be adjusting the ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol settings to:

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls | SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

Which has resolved it.

Strangely enough I'm not sure it affected the running of the site in any particular way - we thought it had at first but it turned out that was a separate issue. But it did result in lots of errors in the logs when deployed to DXC.

Sep 30, 2022 8:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.