Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Build Failed using "catalog" indexer

Vote:

I am seeing the following error when the FullIndexJob fails:

"Mediachase.Search.IndexBuildException: Build Failed using "catalog" indexer. "Exception in ecf_CatalogEntrySearch_GetResults: " ---> System.Exception: Exception in ecf_CatalogEntrySearch_GetResults:  ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out"

At the exact time one the full index job fails the incremental index jobs is supose to start. Is it possible, under some circumstances, that they can interfere?

Kind regards

Daniel

Feb 02, 2023 13:17
Eric Herlitz - Feb 02, 2023 14:14
What is your sql server timeout set to? (Connect Timeout)
Vote:

yes that sounds plausible. those two jobs will both load entries to index. you can quickly test by disabling the incremental one (why do you need it anyway?) and try again

Feb 02, 2023 14:39
Vote:

After more investigation, turned out this happens even when incremental job is not started simultanously. I found out what kind of time out it was, and found the following page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/sql/database-engine/performance/troubleshoot-query-timeouts

Feb 03, 2023 13:51
Vote:

Is it possible to set SqlCommand.CommandTimeout in a overriding fashion for Episerver fullindex search building?

Feb 03, 2023 14:45
Vote:

No, the setting would affect the whole site and would require site restart(s). could you look into your database to see why it's timed out? i.e. see the query and execution plan

Feb 03, 2023 14:49
Vote:

Are you reffering to the execution plan for this?: ecf_CatalogEntrySearch_GetResults @quan

Feb 03, 2023 15:17
Vote:

Yes, the one that times out. I believe you can use extended events to capture data on why time out happened 

Feb 03, 2023 15:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.