Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Find.ServiceException: 401 Unauthorized - Just in localhost

Vote:

Hello all,

Yesterday, out of the blue, I started receiving errors when code that uses Find is called, but only in localhost:

EPiServer.Find.ServiceException: 'Response status code does not indicate success: 401 (Unauthorized). Unauthorized'

The same/similar error is reported in abundance when running the Search & Nav Indexing.

I have rolled back both code and database to try and solve this, but nothing.  I realize it's probably something with my local machine, but I don't know what changes would cause this behavior.

Any ideas/help is appreciated!

Thanks, Kevin

Apr 02, 2024 19:38
Vote:

Hi Kevin

What Search & Nav instance / license do you use? If your local solution is currently using developer demo license, it might be your license was expired. You can obtain a new one from Optimizely Find (episerver.com)

p.s. Developer demo license expired every 30 days

Apr 03, 2024 0:19
Vote:

Thanks for the response Vincent.  

I have used developer licenses in the past, but the one we have has been in use for maybe 11 months.  I'll contact support instead.

As a test, I did register a new developer demo license, and things are working now, so I think it is the correct answer.

Apr 03, 2024 14:10
Vote:

Hi Kevin

Glad to hear above helps for your troubleshooting. If you're using developer license, it should not be expired in theory. Good call to raise support ticket. 

Apr 03, 2024 23:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.